a doctor who takes direction
I've got a handful of drafts for blog posts, along with some other projects that I'm juggling, so until I can get them into final form, which I will, I thought I'd launch another idea that's been kicking around - a film festival celebrating my student films from the past couple of years, hereafter known as Death Nurse Film Fest V-1 (2019).
I'm going to post one of my own films each day for the next several days, however many days as I have student films. After that, I will post the film made by someone else that I believe deserves the title of 'Best Film by a Nurse in My Personal Opinion,' and will award it the Death Nurse Film Fest V-1 (2019) Golden Swab of Excellence.
I'm happy to start this year's festival with a short documentary featuring Jessica Zitter and the indomitable Boo Boo. We did this as part of the June 25th screening of Extremis.
Let your senses feast.
Posts I'm currently working on:
- Waiting for Godot and Ernest Grant
- Nursing and Middle School Mean Girl Culture - A Qualitative Analysis
- #WhoseHospice - Stories for Info and Edo, Part 3
- I Said Something Stupid on Twitter Again
- Premiere Episode, The Rolling Robot Interview Show with Boo Boo, featuring Special Musical Guests Death Nurse and the Coffin Nails with David Bowie and Friends and their new music video "I'm Waiting for My (Hospice) Nurse"
- Reading Challenge 1 - Cassandra: Radical Feminist Nurses Network h/t Peggy Chinn RN, PhD, FAAN and Paula Kagan, PhD, RN
- Reading Challenge 2 - Awake to Woke to Work: Building a Race Equity Culture (pdf) h/t Uche Blackstock,MD